Leadership on national dog training issues is a priority of the CAPDT. The Association takes pride in the national and international leadership it provides through its advocacy, representation and government relations efforts. We work to ensure that critical issues such as animal protection and welfare legislation, the impact of cannabis use in dog training, dog training legislation, certification and education, breed bans and equipment laws are readily identified and monitored. We also work closely with veterinarians across Canada and our sister dog training associations (like the APDT and IAABC) internationally. For updates on these issues just Contact Us , or see the polities and articles below.
Policies, Position Statements and Guidelines
- Press Release - Risk of Separation Anxiety re COVID-19 Return to Work
- Open Letter to Prime Minister and Premiers on COVID-19 Response
- Breed Specific Legslation (BSL) Position Statement
- CAPDT By-laws
- CAPDT Code of Ethics
- Etiquette for Dogs in Public Spaces
- Logo Use Guidelines
- Ethics and Bylaws Violations - Complaint Process
- Cannabis Use in Dog Training and Behaviour Work
Here are some additional links to national work that has been done by veterinarians:
- National Issues
- Position Statements
- Animal Welfare
- Government Relations
- International Relations
This policy covers how the CAPDT treats personal, corporate and business information that we collect and receive. Personal, corporate and business information is information about you or your company that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the CAPDT does not own or control, or to people that the CAPDT does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
The CAPDT collects personal information when you join our organization. When you join the CAPDT, we ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, and postal code. We use this information for the following general purposes: to contact you with changes to your account, for accounting purposes, and to communicate directly with you regarding an initiative we have undertaken, or a similar matter.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not rent, sell, or share personal, business, or corporate information about you with other people or other companies with the exception of professional members who wish their names published on the Association's web page of Trainers.
Site Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE CONFIRMS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
- Products, Content and Specifications. All features, content, specifications, products and prices of products and services described or depicted on any page of this website are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. We make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colours; however, the actual colour you see will depend on your computer system and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colours. The inclusion of any products or services in this website at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, provincial, federal and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any item purchased from this website. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. All videocassettes, DVDs and similar products sold are for private, home use (where no admission fee is charged), non-public performance and may not be duplicated.
- Shipping Limitations. When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained by CAPDT and the carrier. As a result, risk of loss and title for items purchased from CAPDT pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
- Accuracy of Information. CAPDT attempts to ensure that information is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currency of any information on this site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.
- Use of this site. This website and all text, graphics, information, content and other material displayed on or that can be downloaded are either the property of, or used with permission by, CAPDT is protected by copyright, trademark and other laws and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or with the prior written permission of the owner of such material. You may not modify the information or materials located on this website in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use any such materials for any public or commercial purpose. Any unauthorized use of any such information or materials may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations.
- Trademarks. Certain trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos used or displayed are registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of CAPDT and its affiliates. Other trademarks, trade names and service marks used or displayed are the registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this site grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos displayed without the written permission of CAPDT or such third party owner.
- Third Party Links. From time to time, this site may contain links to websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by CAPDT or any of their affiliates. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this site. Neither CAPDT nor any of their affiliates are responsible for any content, materials or other information located on or accessible from any other website. Neither CAPDT nor any of their affiliates endorse, guarantee, or make any representations or warranties regarding any other website, or any content, materials or other information located or accessible from any other website, or the results that you may obtain from using any other website. If you decide to access any other website linked to or from this site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Inappropriate Material. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. In addition to any remedies that CAPDT may have at law or in equity, if CAPDT reasonably determines that you have violated or are likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions, CAPDT may take any action they reasonably deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including without limitation, the immediate removal from this site of the related materials. CAPDT will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order or subpoena requesting or directing CAPDT to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
- User Information. Other than personally identifiable information, which is subject to Privacy Statement posted on this site, any material, information, suggestions, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, questions, comments or other communication you transmit or post in any manner ("User Communications") is and will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. CAPDT, each of its affiliates and/or their designees may use any or all User Communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, reproduction, transmission, disclosure, publication, broadcast, development, manufacturing and/or marketing in any manner whatsoever for any or all commercial or non-commercial purposes. CAPDT may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any User Communications. CAPDT shall have no obligations to use, return, review, or respond to any User Communications. CAPDT will have no liability related to the content of any such User Communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. CAPDT retains the right to remove any or all User Communications that includes any material CAPDT deems inappropriate or unacceptable.
- DISCLAIMERS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. NEITHER CAPDT NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES IN OR THROUGH THIS SITE. THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES IN OR THROUGH THIS SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND NEITHER CAPDT NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES MAKE ANY COMMITMENT OR ASSUMES ANY DUTY TO UPDATE SUCH MATERIALS OR SERVICES. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PURCHASED ARE SUBJECT ONLY TO ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTIES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANUFACTURES, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, IF ANY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, CAPDT DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES LISTED OR PURCHASED IN OR THROUGH THE SHOP. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, CAPDT HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT OR FAILURE, CLAIMS THAT ARE DUE TO NORMAL WEAR, PRODUCT MISUSE, ABUSE, PRODUCT MODIFICATION, IMPROPER PRODUCT SELECTION, NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY CODES, OR MISAPPROPRIATION. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES TO THOSE DEFINED AS "CONSUMERS" IN THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY-FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IMPROVEMENTS ACT. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. CAPDT assumes NO responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this site or your downloading of any materials, from this site. IN NO EVENT WILL CAPDT or THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, RETAIL PARTNERS NOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF THIS SITE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE SHOP, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS SITE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED IN OR THROUGH THIS SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR REMEDY, IF ANY, IS FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH SERVICES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH MANUFACTURER’S OR SUPPLIER’S WARRANTY, OR TO SEEK A RETURN AND REFUND FOR SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICIES POSTED ON THIS SITE.
- Revisions to these Terms and Conditions. CAPDT may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time and from time to time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then current Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this site.
- Choice of Law; Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions supersede any other agreement between you and CAPDT to the extent necessary to resolve any inconsistency or ambiguity between them. This Site is administered by CAPDT from its offices in Toronto, Ontario. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to this site shall be brought only in the courts of the Province of Ontario. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions shall be admissible in judicial and administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- Termination. You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this site at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this site at any time without notice.